Monday, 26 May 2014

New Snack Obsession: Popcorn




So I don't know if you've noticed but recently popcorn is everywhere! Gone are the days when the snack was confined to overpriced paper bags at the cinema, popcorn is no longer exclusively for consumption when settling to down to a film night. Bloggers, as always, have been the first amongst us to latch on to this trend with the likes of Olivia from 'What Olivia Did'and Becca from 'Fashion Train' posting pictures of their Metcalfe's Topcorn deliveries on Instagram. So although I haven't been particularly quick off the mark in trialling this trend I recently decided to take the plunge and include popcorn in my regular Boots meal deal purchase, replacing my standard bar of KitKat Chunky with a much healthier option.

 (Photo Credit, above: @fashiontrain below: @livpurvis)


I have to say I am a massive fan of this new snack fad. Although traditionally I have always been a sweet popcorn kind of girl, I tried the Lightly Sea Salted flavour from ProperCorn and was instantly converted! While I do still have an insatiable sweet tooth, salty is a perfect alternative to crisps particularly in a meal deal. I think we can all agree that the most annoying this about meal deals is that you are restricted to only having one snack, when most of us given the choice, would want crisps AND chocolate with our sandwich! Popcorn feels like the perfect crossover snack and it will definitely be my go-to snack in Boots for the foreseeable future. 



There are a good few brands selling popcorn now, which means a wide variety of flavours and I'm dying to try all of them...particularly the ones which sound a little wrong. For example, ProperCorn do a Fiery Worcester Sauce and Sun Dried Tomato flavour - sounds amazing for crisps...but for popcorn? I have to say curiosity is getting the better of me, that's definitely the next flavour I'll be getting when I'm shopping for my daily Boots meal deal!!

Alexa Lauren Rose



No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for reading, I'd love to here your thoughts so please comment and if you have a blog I'll be sure to check it out! Thank you lovelies!