Monday, 6 January 2014

New Year, New Me? Yeah Right!

Around this time every year I convince myself, that this will be the year...the year I achieve my goals, the year I get fit, the year I become a new me...essentially the year of my life. But not this year! I have had years of convincing myself that I can become a new me, and in reality that's not going to happen, I am always going to be me and no amount of New Years resolutions will resolve that! But I am also less inclined to trick myself into believing that this will be my year since 2013 WAS my year! I have had the most incredible year, I travelled more than I thought I ever would in one year, I made amazing memories, I have been surrounded by the very best of friends and I have just generally been the happiest I can remember myself being. Yes there have been not so great times: I didn't get as good an overall grade in Uni in summer as I would have liked, there's been some family drama and a couple of disastrous nights out, but these moments have been completely eclipsed by the brilliant time I've had in 2013 on the whole.



Despite this I do still have New Years Resolutions so here we go...

Get Fitter. I have pretty much had a phobia of exercise since I was 16. But I have decided to have a more positive attitude towards exercise and have started jogging, sit ups and squats. There are also plans for regular swims starting next week. 

Eat Better. I am never going to be the kind of person who only eats salads, fresh fish, nuts and smoothies - but my main aims are to stop ordering Dominos (it is my one weakness!), eat less chocolatey and sweet things and make more food myself rather than buying things while I'm out, which will save me money too!

Study Hard. This resolution is going to be one of my most challenging because I am a master procrastinator, this blog for example, is being written when I should probably be writing my dissertation. But I suddenly realised come NYD that its only 4 months and two weeks until my life at University will be completely over, and I have to put all my efforts into making this experience worthwhile by getting the best grade I can.

Travel. Its going to be harder to travel this year...you know money's tight and all that! Also I don't really know where my life is going to be at after May, I might be in a job where I am unable to travel as much as I'd like or I might not be earning enough money to spend it on holidays. But that's not going to stop me from travelling as much as I can, even if its short breaks or just in England.


I know these are pretty much the standard resolutions that everybody (myself included) makes year in year out, but this year I feel like I'm making them from a good place. Particularly for the first two, I feel like I'm focusing on the long term rather than getting frustrated when I don't see results in two weeks. I want to say that I will blog more, since that is definitely something I haven't done as much as I wanted to this year - but at the same time I don't want blogging to interfere with Uni at such a crucial point. So unfortunately my blog might be on the back burner again for the first half of the year, but I fully expect it to pick up come May so keep tuned!!! In the meantime though you can always catch me on Instgram since it is definitely an addiction @alexalaurenrose

(Sneeky little photo of me and my housemate on NYE)

I hope you are all having a great New Year so far and that you can stick to your own resolutions for the year! 

Alexandra

1 comment:

  1. Happy New Year lovely!
    All the best of luck with your resolutions =)

    {Teffy's Perks} X

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for reading, I'd love to here your thoughts so please comment and if you have a blog I'll be sure to check it out! Thank you lovelies!