Saturday, 5 October 2013

Why define ourselves?

A few posts back I mentioned that I was trying to dress with a little more sophistication. I do think that generally your style reflects your age and that your wardrobe choices change as you get older. I have definitely found myself steering clear of short, low cut, bodycon dresses - something my seventeen year old self would not have understood. I find it really hard to define my style sometimes, and then I'm just like why should I even bother trying to define it? My wardrobe is a complete mash up of items from very pretty very floaty and girly dresses, to scruffy old biker boots (pictured below!), and even includes the odd preppy jumper or peg leg trouser. I like my eclectic mix of clothes, and even if sometimes I wish I had more of a style that I could definitely define as me, I soon realise that life would be too boring if I stuck to just one look!


 Skirt - New Look
Top - Primark
Blazer - H&M (old)
Tights - Primark
Boots - New Look (old)
Scarf - Thrift Shop
Bowler Hat - Urban Outfitters


If anyone runs a beauty or lifestyle blog, or has any recommendations for good ones, I would love you comment your link in the comment section. I feel like I follow a lot of fashion blogs and not much else - I've always been a big user of make up and will never leave the house without some on, but I'm looking to refine my make up and beauty regime habits a little this autumn so am looking for tips and guidance from my fellow bloggers. Also sorry about the cleavage display above!

Alexandra

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for reading, I'd love to here your thoughts so please comment and if you have a blog I'll be sure to check it out! Thank you lovelies!