Monday, 14 October 2013

Too Try Hard?

I literally could not look more hipster if I tried today. Got my beanie hat on and my oversized glasses...and no before you ask I do not need glasses, my eyes work perfectly well on their own - these have plastic lenses and I am wearing them purely as an accessory because apparently that's just how pretentious I am these days! I was stood in front of the mirror for ages with this outfit deciding whether or not I looked like I was trying too hard to be cool, then I decided I didn't care - I like the geek glasses and beanie combo, and if it makes me look like a try-hard-pretentious-hipster then so be it.

In other news I am in love with this burgandy/purple scarf from Zara, I bought it a few weeks back while visiting the Boy in Leeds and I've barely taken it off since. I love the colour, the texture, the thickness - but most of all I like how long it is. I really despise scarves that are too short, I generally just wrap this scarf around the once because I like the length of the dangley bits but if it was really cold outside I could wrap it round twice with enough scarf left over to hang down. Well done Zara, you made a good'n!


 Hat - Primark
Glasses - Ebay
Top - New Look (old)
Scarf - Zara
Necklace - H&M
Leggings - Miss Selfridge
Boots - New Look (old)


The weather outside has been so miserable and grey these past couple of days and I think that's why I went for dreary, dull colours for this outfit. Having said that I am a big fan of blacks and greys and often wish it was more socially acceptable to wear them throughout summer! Yesterday I literally sent the whole day in bed watching films, doing uni work, reading blogs, catching up on Youtube and chowing down Dominos with my housemate - what a perfect Sunday!

Seriously am in desperate need of a new camera, this one is okay to use on nights out or whatever but for blogging the quality is completely hit and miss. For example, clear as a bell in that last photo, but the one before looks like I've smeared Vaseline all over the lens before I took it!!

Alexandra


11 comments:

  1. Thank you so much for the follow.
    Follow you back on bloglovin.
    Btw,I'm also on Instagram,maybe you like my account?
    Lovely greets from germany ;-)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Beautiful look!!! would you like to follow each other by Bloglovin?
    Besos, desde España, Marcela♥

    ReplyDelete
  3. Lovely outfit! :)

    http://novarellie.blogspot.com.au/

    ReplyDelete
  4. Looking very lovely. The pink beanie is a nice choice to an all-black outfit. ;)

    ReplyDelete
  5. I love the scarves in Zara, they're chunky and warm and delicious!
    Teffy { Teffys Perks Blog } X

    ReplyDelete
  6. Thank you so much for your visit! I follow you by Bloglovin!!!
    and I added you by g+ too! I'm very happy if you do the same.
    Have a nice day!! and my g+ and heart in bloglovin for your post too!!!:)))

    ReplyDelete
  7. This pink beanie looks so good on you <3

    ReplyDelete
  8. Love the scarf looks so warm and cosy! Great outfit girl!
    Would be great if you would check out my blog :) x
    http://the-finestthings.blogspot.co.uk/

    ReplyDelete
  9. Nice style !

    http://fruityandpassion.blogspot.co.uk/

    ReplyDelete
  10. I loveee this outfit and I love your hair !! xxx

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for reading, I'd love to here your thoughts so please comment and if you have a blog I'll be sure to check it out! Thank you lovelies!