Wednesday, 10 July 2013

Off Duty Ballerina

So I'm describing this look as 'Off Duty Ballerina'. Clearly getting the inspiration for this name from my hair! A lot of the time when I put my hair in a bun its really messy and purely for practical purposes, resembling something like a pineapple on top of my head. But every now and then its nice to be a lady, and attempt a sleeker look to the norm. Doughnut rings have been really popular for a while now and you can see why, they are so easy to use and give such a sophisticated look to your hair!

I bought this shirt earlier this week from H&M, you may have read my shirt post a couple of days ago where I basically rant about my new found love of shirts. The shirt featured in that post was also from H&M, and its safe to say that I am really liking their selection of shirts and blouses at the minute. Zara is another excellent go-to place for blouses, but H&M are more budget friendly and since I don't have a job at the minute I'm having to watch the pennies/

 Shirt - H&M
Jeans - Zara
Shoes - New Look
Necklace - Primark
Earings - Unknown
 I've also switched necklace preference recently. I have always been a fan of the long necklace, a chain with a pendent, or layered long chains, even the occasional lengthy beaded necklace. But recently my collection of short statement necklaces has been growing rapidly. This is one of my favourites, it was from Primark a few months ago and I don't think they do it any more, but New Look sell a really similar one if you're considering getting something like this for yourself.

What's your opinion on necklaces guys? Do you prefer them long or sort? I'd really like to know as I think the general trend is leaning towards short at the minute, but I'd like to think there are still those who favour a good lengthy pendant! Let me know in the comments below and if you leave a link to your own blog if you've got one I'll be sure to come by and check you out.

Alexandra

2 comments:

  1. The bun really pulls the look together! And to answer your question about necklaces, I do love both short and long ones but you're right about shorter ones being on trend right now.

    xx,
    mashasmumbles.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  2. lovely outfit!

    from helen at thelovecatsinc | bloglovin'

    ps. check out my new givaway to win a goodie bag of drugstore favourites! click here

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for reading, I'd love to here your thoughts so please comment and if you have a blog I'll be sure to check it out! Thank you lovelies!