Friday, 22 March 2013

Back on Track

So after a break from blogging (which felt like a lifetime!) because of uni deadlines and general life getting in the way, I'm now back and I'm determined to organise my time better so I don't let this happen again! I know you probably won't believe me when I say I literally thought about my blog everyday, and I felt so guilty for not writing or even reading posts! In the past couple of weeks I've been to Ireland and Amsterdam so expect posts on that as well as the bedroom posts I've been intending to do for weeks!


I took these photos ages ago, I think it was January?? I really love this black midi, unfortunately I didn't get the whole length of the dress in the shots, but I'm sure you've all seen this style of dress before. There are so many different styles and patterns available, but as per my usual decision in colour choice I chose black. I think its the most wearable colour and also the least memorable - say if I'd bought a neon pink or bright red, then people would remember it, and I couldn't wear it as regularly as I can with my black....that's my justification for buying so much black anyway!


I posted about the scrabble ring a month or so ago (here) when my boyfriend bought it for me for Valentines Day and the silver ring I wear everyday and never take off. Unfortunately I didn't get a very good shot of it though! I did try retaking the photo but none came out as good as the one above. My silver ring has a Celtic design with a square black stone of Whitby Jet. I like having this ring on all the time because it means something to me, Whitby is where my family are from and we go there nearly every summer. Whereas if it was just some random ring that I wore everyday, it wouldn't mean anything to me.


I still have to wear tights with this dress though, because despite it being Spring the weather in England does not seem to be warming up at all! I've seen girls walking round in shorts and dresses without tights, and I just want to give them a lecture about getting pneumonia....clearly I'm getting old since I would definitely have been one of those girls in my early teens and it would have been my mum giving me the lecture.

Dress - New Look
Scarf - Second Hand Store
Necklace - Topshop
Scrabble Ring - Gift
Jet Ring - Local Jeweller in Whitby
Earings - New Look

Alexandra

4 comments:

  1. gorgeous style, adoring your blog miss!
    would love to see you wearing casper&pearl one day!

    lots of love from the c&p girls,
    casper&pearl blog
    xx

    ReplyDelete
  2. love your dress! It's nice to have you back, I did wonder where you'd gone, haha! You should defo show some pics of your travels! Would be awesome xoxo

    http://thepersephonecomplex.blogspot.co.uk/

    ReplyDelete
  3. Sounds like youve had such a busy fun time recently and I love the dress and your ring, so pretty!

    A little bit Unique - Blog // Facebook // Bloglovin



    x


    ReplyDelete
  4. I know what you mean about feeling guilty about not blogging, I literally feel guilty every day that I don't blog (which is also a lot due to uni work) and even not commenting and reading other blogs! But hey, your blog will always be there so long as you want whereas you only get one shot at your uni work :)
    Hope it's all going well for you sweetie :) xxx

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for reading, I'd love to here your thoughts so please comment and if you have a blog I'll be sure to check it out! Thank you lovelies!