Sunday, 24 March 2013

A Little Mouse with Clogs on, Well I Declare!

So I haven't gone insane with the title of this post, this is an actual song that my nan always used to sing when I was little. So I Youtubed it just and it's got a video and everything!! Check it out here. Anyway, the title is related to where I was earlier this week because the song is on about a mouse who lives in Amsterdam. The trip was supposed to be a surprise for the Boy for his birthday however, it went slightly awry for two reasons: 
1/ I booked it through Groupon, and had planned to go at the end of April (because the Boy's birthday is May 9th), but for some reason groupon cancelled all the April dates and we had to go in March instead, wayyyyy early! 
2/ The Boy knew we were going away but he didn't know where, that is until my housemate walked into the living room where we were both watching TV and said "When are you two going to Amsterdam again?" Hahahaha - thanks Kelly.


 Leaving Newcastle on the ship! It was like a mini cruise ship with about 4 restaurants/bars, a shop, and a cinema! We spent two nights on the ship and only had 5 hours in Amsterdam, which was way too short but for £75 for two people who were we to complain!?


 Dress - Topshop
Jacket - Zara
Tights - Primark
Boots - New Look
Necklaces - Topshop & Camden Market
Glasses - Ebay

 We hired bikes so we could make the most of our time and see as many sights as possible. We decided to go traditional and got Dutch bikes, which don't have hand breaks, to stop or slow down you have to pedal backwards which takes some getting used to!



Bag - New Look 
Jacket - Zara
Scarf - Matalan
Top - Primark
Jeans - New Look
Boots - New Look
Glasses - Ebay

This is my first attempt at photoshopping like ever! So let me know if you can tell which one of us wasn't in the original photo!! I'm very proud of this not going to lie! Have any of you ever been to Amsterdam? If you haven't I HIGHLY recommend you go, its so pretty and there are so many canals its just like Venice!!

Alexandra

6 comments:

  1. NICE TRIP! :)
    THE LAST PHOTO'S SO CUTE!

    http://mcltheblog.blogspot.it/

    ReplyDelete
  2. gorgeous style, adoring your blog!
    check out our new blog – behind the scenes at our fashion agency!

    lots of love from La-La Land
    xx

    ReplyDelete
  3. I LOVE the last photo, hmm I'm guessing your boyfriend is photoshopped one? Either way you can't tell! I've always wanted to go on a huge European adventure. Hope you had a ball xo

    ReplyDelete
  4. haha I'd love to go to Amsterdam! Hope you had a great time :) by the way, my Mum used to sing that song to me too, I recognised it immediately! xoxo

    http://thepersephonecomplex.blogspot.co.uk/

    ReplyDelete
  5. I wouldn't know it was photoshopped and that's the cutest photo ever, you should put it in a frame! Looks like a great trip, I've always wanted to go to Amsterdam and it's a bargain at that price

    A little bit Unique - Blog // Facebook // Bloglovin



    x

    ReplyDelete
  6. Awww haha atleast you had a good trip! I would love to go there. And i'm guessing your boyfriend is the one photoshopped in but it could pass as a real photo!! x

    blankbones.blogspot.co.uk

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for reading, I'd love to here your thoughts so please comment and if you have a blog I'll be sure to check it out! Thank you lovelies!