Friday, 4 January 2013

On the Tenth Day of Christmas

I know this is a little late to be doing a 'What I got for Christmas post', but technically its still only the tenth Day of Christmas, so I'm just going to do it anyway! This post is not meant to be a brag in anyway about what I got, or to show how spoiled I am. I just find these posts really interesting on other people's blogs, and a lot of the things I received I will end up in later posts anyway so I figure its a sort of haul post, and I love them too!

I got this mini wire shelving unit from my Mum, its sort of like a rectangular birdcage with one side missing. It' s so pretty and I love it.Is from Urban Outfitters and me and my Mum saw it when she came to visit me last and I thought it would be perfect to stash all my nail varnishes on, which is what it is currently doing sat on my desk.

I have always had an obscene amount of clothes, but recently I realised that my make-up and shoe collections were lacking. It's about time I rectified the situation! My Mum knows I'm building up my collection so she got me some Barry M brushes, the only problem being they are A LOT prettier than the Body Shop ones I own. So even though I absolutely swear by my Body Shop Brushes, they just look plain in comparison!

This present was also from my Mum, originally from TKMaxx. Its to help me organise all my make-up, because before this I kept it all in a wicker box, and while it was neat and kept it all out of sight, it was a nightmare trying to dig around for the product I needed every morning. I need something else to organise my make up with though, because it doesn't all fix in here, and I am still using my wicker box for the things I don't use as much. The swirly black and white pattern is an added extra from my mum, because before it was just plain clear plastic and a little bit ugly, but now its all pretty!





















 Ever since I saw the billboard for this film on buses and the like I have been dying to see it, seeing the advert at the cinema has only made me more excited! I love witchy an magical things and I used to be a massive Charmed fan, for those of you who know what I'm on about you know how awesome this show was! My Mum got me the book because she wanted to read it herself and figured that if she gave it to me she could read it afterwards. Although I'm only about a quarter of the way through so far I love it, its a bit Twilighty but from the guys perspective instead of the girls, and obviously about magic instead of Vampires. I would highly recommend it!


My Mum first got me this perfume a couple of years ago just because it had my name on it, and she said that even if it was vile at least it looked pretty! But I actually loved it and used up my whole bottle, I haven't had any for a while so it was a lovely surprise to have this waiting for me on Christmas day. Although I'm not normally a fan of 'celebrity' perfume, especially WAG's perfume, I really do like this scent in spite of myself.























Technically these boots weren't a Christmas present. I persuaded my Mum to buy them from H&M when she last came up to visit me even though she was unsure if she'd wear them. But I told her that if she didn't wear them I would buy them off her because I definitely would! But she gave them to me at Christmas instead and wouldn't let me give her the money for them no matter how much I insisted, sooo - free shoes!

My grandparents got me a plain black suitcase for Christmas because I am always back and forwards between Manchester and home and my red polka dot suitcase I've been using is broken and won't stand up on its own. I saw this gorgeous oriental print holdall in Accessorise in the post-Christmas sales, but it was £28 reduced from £35, so I decided to wait to get it until it had dropped in price again - so I could justify purchasing it better! Apparently my Nan had gone back home and told my Grandad how much I loved the bag and he asked my Nan to pick it up for me the next day when she was in town. It was totally unexpected and really nice of him seeings as they had already given me my presents.
The iPad is from my Dad and it was 100% unexpected! I didn't really have anything specific in mind that I wanted this year so I really hadn't asked for anything from any of my family. I absolutely love this and I've hardly been able to put it down since I got it home! I can sync everything with my iPhone and its brilliant for following blogs and vlogs. It's so light and easily transportable too, so instead of lugging my laptop around everywhere which has a shockingly bad battery life, meaning I have to take my charger too, I can just slip this in my bag and be away!

 I decided photographing everything individually was making this post ridiculously long, so I decided to group together these presents from my boyfriend, which is what I probably should have done with my other things too! I only got these presents a couple of days ago because my boyfriend had a bit of a fiasco with his debit cards (he lost them on a night out and had to wait until replacements were sent before he could order anything, and his PIN numbers still haven't arrived!). Because both of us are impatient he actually ended up giving me my presents in two lots. The first two I unwrapped were the Nail Art book and the Deathly Hallows necklace. As I mentioned I love magicy things and Harry Potter is definitely one of the best magical books ever! I was actually considering ordering a Deathly Hallows necklace myself, so I am so pleased with this present! The Nail Art book is from Urban Outfitters and has loads of ideas for decorating your nails, as well as tips and step by step guides. Its so perfect for me because I am always painting my nails and changing the design on them, I have tonnes of nail varnishes and nail art pens and I'm really excited to try out some of the different designs. The rose headband is from DollyBowBow and I'd showed it to my boyfriend months ago so I'm amazed he remembered! I'm really excited to dress it up with a little black dress and curly hair next time I go out!

The shoes were the final present from him, and absolutely the most thoughtful thing ever. I saw these shoes in Primark a couple of months ago, and fell in love. But typically they weren't in my size. I went in twice more to see if they had got any more in, but of course they hadn't. My boyfriend said he would check the Primark in Leeds when he went home for a few days, but I forgot to remind him to check and he never mentioned it so I assumed he had forgotten about them. Unbeknown to me, not only had he checked the Leeds Primark, but also the one in Stockport, the one at the Trafford Centre and one near his flatmate's house. He then asked his brother, who lives in Ireland, to check Dublin's Primark and VOILA! A pair of 6's! So he asked his brother to get them and post them over to Manchester, which is definitely the most effort anyone has ever gone to get me a present, and I am so touched he tried so hard to track them down for me! I am really excited to wear them out instead of just admiring them from the comfort of my own room!

Now this post has been ridiculously long! So I'm sorry, shorter and more easily readable posts in the future I promise! I'd love to know if anyone else has done a 'What I got for Christmas' post, please leave links to your blogs in the comments section if you did, and let me know if this is the kind of thing you like reading about.

Alexandra

14 comments:

  1. Love the way you prettified your make-up organiser! Hope to see some future nail art posts from your new book :) xo

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks, my my did the prettifying technically, but it looks so much better now I think :) thanks for following sweetie!

      Delete
  2. Love your shelves and the brushes look great as well! That is such a sweet story about the shoes and them being out of your size, glad you finally got them!!

    http://alittlebitunique.blogspot.co.uk/

    x

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you, and yeah I totally agree its the sweetest thing anyone's ever done for me!

      Delete
  3. Cute blog :) love the lilac and bows <3 Following you!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Aww thank you I adore you blog so thanks for the follow!

      Delete
  4. I absolutely love the studded heels. They will look so nice with any dress! Xx

    http://whatisinherwardrobe.blogspot.co.uk

    ReplyDelete
  5. Cute post! I love your blog, i'm a new follower and i'm looking forward to see more posts!
    Rachael x

    beautyin1place.blogspot.co.uk

    ReplyDelete
  6. Great Post:) Oh I have that little bird cage too. I use mine to store some of my smaller perfumes xx

    ReplyDelete
  7. Lovely post, I really enjoyed it :)

    ReplyDelete
  8. Great gifts! I would love a deathly hallows necklace myself (LOVE harry potter!), and might hint my boyfriend into buying me one now ;)

    x Gi
    alibimag.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  9. I am incredibly jealous of all the items you got for Christmas! Hope you had a good one. Great post. x

    Tanya from Cats and Clothing
    P.S. Please check out my first giveaway! :)

    ReplyDelete
  10. That Deathly Hallows necklace is amazing!! I really want one!
    Love the black studded heels too :)

    eyelashwishes-x.blogspot.co.uk

    ReplyDelete
  11. I love Charmed too! A massively underrated show! The first two Beautiful Creatures books were good, but they went downhill after that. Did you read them all?

    http://bethebteam.blogspot.co.uk/

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for reading, I'd love to here your thoughts so please comment and if you have a blog I'll be sure to check it out! Thank you lovelies!