Monday, 7 January 2013

Looking Forward



First of all I want to say a massive thank you to everyone who has read and commented on my blog, and especially to those of you who follow me! For such a new blog I was really not expecting this kind of response! I started this blog because I missed blogging and I genuinely enjoy writing about fashion (although I haven't actually done any really fashiony posts yet but I PROMISE some are on the way this week!). Having only done three posts I really didn't expect to have 16 followers already, and I am so touched - I thought I would literally be chattering away to myself for at least a month before even one person decided I was worthy of a follow!

This is going to be my last holiday season post and after this I'll be properly beginning my fashion, beauty and style posts. I wanted to write a post on some goals I have set myself for this year, just so I can look back at the end of the year and see how well I have stuck to them. I don't want to say that these are 'New Years Resolutions' because then I feel pressured to stick to them religiously and also that they are only temporary, because let's be honest who carries on with their New Years resolutions beyond mid February? So instead they are goals, not just for this year but to help improve my life in the long run.


1/ Attend University

Okay so I'm in my second year of uni and last term my attendance was far from perfect! I do enjoy my course and obviously I aim to come out with a really good degree, hopefully a first if I can get it! But this year I really need to prioritise my uni work over everything else, after all that's what I'm here for. In my first year uni took a bit of a back seat, with work and having a good time taking priority, but this year it counts towards my final grade and I am determined to turn myself into the muggle version of Hermione!



 2/ New Experiences

This year I want to do a lot more things I've never tried before - I'm not talking illegal substances here! I just want to do some things to spice up my everyday life. I'm currently looking for a new job which is exciting after spending 3 years with the same company, I'm going to Glastonbury this year which I'm really excited for, going to Latvia with my boyfriend, and somewhere with the girls - destination tbc!

3/ Drink More Water

My mum is ALWAYS telling me I should drink more water and it's really true. I know this sounds bad but most of the time I just forget to drink, I don't get overly thirsty and I'm not a big tea drinker like most of my family so a lot of the time I don't really get a lot of pleasure from drinking. But I have quiet bad excema on my shoulders and dark circles under my eyes and have done for the past couple of years so I'm really hoping this will help - the goal is 2 litres a day!

4/ Organise Myself Better

I'm one of those people who feel a lot better in themselves when they know exactly where they are in life and what they have planned. I'm all up for e odd bit of spontinaity but generally I like planned out life! So I've bought myself a lovely 2013 planner from Paperchase and I am determined to use it to its fullest!



Thanks yet again for reading, I really do appreciate each and every one of you! Let me know what you think of my goals and if you have any suggestions or handy hints if you've done similar goals before! And again I love to read new peoples blogs so leave a link and i'll definitely pop by and have a read!

Alexandra

6 comments:

  1. Great post! I do think that you can achieve your goals if you put your mind to it. 2013 is going to be a great year! x

    Tanya from Cats and Clothing
    P.S. Please check out my first giveaway! :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you Tanya, I really hope 2013 will be a good year! It looks set to be awesome!

      Delete
  2. Paperchase diaries/planners are the best. I can never decide which one I want to buy though because they have so many different designs and styles. I love the one you picked :)
    xxx

    Ness from http://butterflykites.blogspot.com xx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yeah I had a lovely patterned one last year, but it faded pretty quickly and it was really bulky so I tried to stick with a classic style this yeah, and a bit of a thinner version too so it takes up less space in my bag! x

      Delete
  3. 'muggle version of hermione' made me laugh! I tried the whole 'organised' thing a while back (proceeded to lose 2 diaries) but now I am finally on track and really using my diary! They're so useful! xx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Haha, I love Harry Potter, and your blog always makes me laugh! I always try and make my life more organised with planners and things but I just end up not using them by march/april time. But this year I am DETERMINED! Haha x

      Delete

Thanks for reading, I'd love to here your thoughts so please comment and if you have a blog I'll be sure to check it out! Thank you lovelies!