Thursday, 24 January 2013

Insta Nail Art


Firstly, I want to apologise for the quality of these photos, I took them on my iPhone 3s, therefore it has no flash and the camera quality is not all that amazing. ALSO I uploaded them straight to instagram which is where I had taken them from, sooooo there are blurry focus bits and filters, which make the pictures look better on Instagram but when they are all large on the screen like this they look a bit rubbish. I just realised that I constantly complain and apologise about the photo quality - not to self, get a better camera and a better phone!



These are my Valentines Day inspired nails that I have at the minute, although they are probably a bit premature for Valentines day! The base colour is Barry M in Baby Pink, the roses are just a cheap red nail art pen I bought, and the black is Models Own nail art pen in black. I saw this design in the Nail Art book my boyfriend got me for Chistmas (I posted about it here) and since I was feeling particularly girly decided it was the perfect design for my nails this week!

These as you can probably guess were my Christmassy/New Years nails. The base colour is Barry M in Bright Pink, and the glitter is also Barry M in Red Glitter


These nails were inspired by the snowy weather of late, although I live in central Manchester and to be honest the snow here has been pathetic! I am so not happy with the British clouds right now for not giving me the snow day which every single other person in the country seems to have enjoyed! The base coat on four of my nails is Barry M in Turquoise and the one on my wedding finger is Barry M in Blueberry Ice Cream and the white is Models Own nail art pen in White.

As you can see I have a slight obsession with Barry M, although I am now attempting to branch out in the nail varnish department, I have my eye on a couple of Essie colours but I am really begrudged to spend that amount of money when I could buy about 3 normal nail varnishes for the price of one Essie one!

You can see a few more of my nail art creations if you follow me on Instagram here! Let me know what you think of my designs, and if you post about nail art often or take photos of your nails and post them on Instagram please put the link in the comment box below! I love to see what other people design on their nails and get inspitration from sites like Pintrest all the time. (You can also have a look at my Pintrest profile here if you're interested!)

Alexandra

14 comments:

  1. they are so pretty!
    i love the gradient one especially

    newest follower
    xoXo
    BreezeyBee Blog

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hey dear I really like your blog! What about following each other? Also on bloglovin and fb if you want...just let me know :3 <3

    Join my ROMWE GIVEAWAY!

    New Outfit Post!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love nail posts they give me such inspiration!
    http://www.thelipstickthegirlandherwardrobe.blogspot.co.uk

    ReplyDelete
  4. The snowy nails are so pretty! What a talent xxx

    www.roaringtwentiesblog.blogspot.co.uk

    ReplyDelete
  5. I'm so glad you're using the nail art book and posting up designs, I was looking forward to seeing some! The red sparkle nails are so gorgeous and those roses look incredibly professional. I wish I had instagram..stupid windows phone xo

    ReplyDelete
  6. it looks like you have created some really amazing designs i love the looks that you posted here. sadly i do not think i have the talent OR patience to create such designs - and if i did i would only be able to do them on one hand!

    http://www.lovefromberlin.net/
    xx rae

    ReplyDelete
  7. Love your blog! Maybe we could follow each other on bloglovin or GFC? Please leave me a comment or follow me and I will follow you =)

    http://lepetitplastique.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  8. Your nails are incredible!

    http://alittlebitunique.blogspot.co.uk/

    x

    ReplyDelete
  9. Love your nails, they look so pretty!

    *following*

    xxx

    www.forevermissvanity.com

    ReplyDelete
  10. love all of them, especially the first ones! xx

    ReplyDelete
  11. They're all so pretty! I wish I had the patience to do nail art
    Daniella x

    http://daniella-r.blogspot.co.uk

    ReplyDelete
  12. Ohh loving these nail art designs :D i wish i was more adveturous with my nails!

    Just stumbled across your blog and coudn't resist not following :) i'm your newest follower.

    Would love it if you'd stop by and take a little peek through mine - http://sophiameola.blogspot.co.uk/

    xx

    ReplyDelete
  13. Love your creations. really cute. should do some tutorails of them!

    Pipp xx
    http://pippjones281190.blogspot.co.uk/

    ReplyDelete
  14. amazing nail art! it'S so neat, love the second one

    hope you'll visit back
    www.marylee31.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for reading, I'd love to here your thoughts so please comment and if you have a blog I'll be sure to check it out! Thank you lovelies!